When the Wolfe family came back from Ethiopia with their three teenage children, they let them choose the name they wanted. My husband and I thought that was a great idea. We thought we'd give it a try with our 7 year old, Faven. We decided to keep their first names and asked her what middle name she would like to have. SIt didn't take long for her to decide that she wanted her middle name to be Beyonce and Diborah's middle name to be Rihanna. Hmmmm.....wander where those names came from!
What do I do now? I'd love to get your input!!

10 comments:
You have to admit. It will make a good story when they grow up!
Oh my! I'm cracking up! Maybe let them go with it for a while and wait for them to come up with some other ideas on their own. When are you posting new pictures?
Oh Lori!
I am cracking up! Well, your girls aren't teenagers like the Wolfes, but they sure are teenagers in training it seems! :-0 I would just let the topic go for a while and then revisit it later with name options and they can choos their favorite out of YOUR options. You know, our birth children certainly didn't get a say in the choosing of their name anyway! :-)
Happy New Years to you all!
Love,
Kristy
I'm just a long-time lurker, but I thought that perhaps you could go through a namebook together with your girls and come up with five or six together, and then revisit the topic in a few weeks and let them narrow it down? Good luck -- I love love love that you kept their ET names and think your idea about their middle names is also wonderful.
Hmmmm,
I don't have a good answer for that one. Good thing there is no rush to get the paperwork done to change names and such.
Let us know how the adjusting is going....for everyone.
Ha! This is too funny. I agree: keep a notebook of name ideas and brainstorm and the "real' ones will have staying power! Hope the transition and adjustment time is going well, take it easy and make sure you cut yourself some slack. It's a long complicated process! I'm here (email) if you need anything at all or even a virtual shoulder, venting, or questions. Hang in there and enjoy this crazy time. M
Oh that is so funny!Are Beyonce and Rihanna big in Ethiopia, or are they already deep into American culture? I would give them choices between names I deem acceptable (American and Ethiopian). I hope everyone is doing well during this transition.
Oh no! I would take my time filling out the paperwork. What a cute story, though. How is everyone doing?
Who wouldn't want those names really????!!!! :)
I would recommend waiting a while. We were in a pinch for time with an 18th birthday only 2 weeks away. I would have loved to have more time to see if the names fit. Welcome home! Feel free to email me if I can help. I will pray for all of you. Love and Hugs!!
Post a Comment