Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I promise to post pictures soon! We took a new camera to Ethiopia with us and we're trying to find time to figure out how to download them.
The girls are adjusting....We've had some very trying times, but that is to be expected. I have 3 little girls whose lives have been turned upside down, it may take a while for them to accept that. I have to daily (hourly) remind myself of this and pray for more patience!
Emma is showing signs of letting her new sisters into her heart. She speaks jibberish, which in her mind is amharic. I'm just happy that she translates what she says into English for us! (o: She actually has picked up a couple of words from Faven and Diborah.
We have a doctor's appointment for the girls today. Faven wants to begin school tomorrow. I think she's ready! Her teacher also taught 2 of my other children AND she attends our church. I know God worked this out for us!

6 comments:

coffeemom said...

can't wait to see the pics!! Thinking of you and keeping you in prayers during this time of adjustment for all. It's a big sea change. But it will come and you're just the mom to do it!! Love M

Jen said...

I have been thinking of you. I miss your regular posts. I can't wait to see pictures and hear more on the adjustment, especially now that we may be coming home with a little older of a child than we thought. I love that Emma is trying to speak her new sisters' language. Is Emma younger than Faven? Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Natalie Fournet said...

Thinking about you guys and praying for your family! Happy New Year!

Rebecca said...

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. This is a tough time of transition and changes, but I can tell you from experience...this too shall pass. Our kids have been through sooooo much. They will catch up to the love and support of their new family. Keep praying... it's hard--for them and for us. Rebecca

Robin said...

Wow...the pictures of the girls are wonderful!!! Can't wait to hear more on the adjustment since we'll be bring home a 3 and 5 year old soon!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

So good to hear from you.

"Massive" change is the way I described it, but soon you will find your new normal.

So glad you know the secret to your strength. Keep trying to spend time with God daily, as he will provide what you need one day at a time. He is SO smiling down on your family for taking this huge step of faith.