I decided to have some fun and comprise a list of some of the things we've done to pass the time over the past 4-6 months...with some visuals, of course! Enjoy!
1) Many trips to the park.
2) A Parade...
I love this picture! My son was the only member of the band to have a cheering section. He couldn't stop smiling to play his trumpet!
Here are my 2 daughters on the college float. This demonstrates the joy of having an older sister AND the joy of being an older sister!
3) The Zoo!
Here's Emma feeding the peacock
and checking out the alligators!
4) Another parade....Homecoming!
5) Football games
The Spectator!
6) Making a Patio...
Moving the dirt to get ready to pour the concrete.
7) Building a Shed/Playhouse....
The shed is on the bottom, the playhouse is on the top....FUN!
Here is my multi-tasking husband--taking care of Emma, building a shed, and proofreading an essay! Wow!
This isn't finished and we've already had many picnic in the playhouse. This will be fun for years to come!
It's interesting to look back to see how we've spent our time. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that we haven't thought about and talked about our daughters in Ethiopia, but we've continued to enjoy each day that God has given us as a family.
One of my daily calendar devotions reads...
Time slides through our fingers like a well-greased string. There is no better time than now to assess the values which are worthy of our time and effort.
Psalm 31:14,15
You alone are my God; my times are in your hands.

11 comments:
I love the devotional and the pictures. We are praying for you. You are so close.
You're getting so close to bringing the girls home. How exciting! Praying that your first court date will pass and you can start making travel plans.
Blessings to you all.
I love being busy...it sure helps to pass the time. Looks like you have been having so much fun!!!
Wow! You all have been busy! It is great to see you working on things around the house that all of the children will soon be enjoying!
We are getting closer! I am thinking about you and your family!
Rebecca
We're so close!!
Being busy definitely helps the time go faster! I can't believe it's really less than two weeks away.
Lori, Looks like a great summer! Looking forward to seeing the girls in the playhouse.. so fun!
I think that I am as excited as you are!!!!! AGGHHH!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Kristy :-)
What a fun glimpse into your waiting...I hope we are all in Ethiopia soon!
Thanks so much for your comment about Getahun. I'm afraid right now he's not easily accessible, as he isn't in Kolfe at this time. Perhaps I'll be able to send something with you by the time you travel to bring YOUR SON HOME! :) Praying for you all as court dates approach!!!!! MUCH love~ Shelly
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! .... I meant YOUR GIRLS HOME! Can you tell I'm multi-tasking?! :) Blessings!, Shelly
Oh - great play house. Want to come build one for me? I can't wait to hear you have passed court. Imagine the wait for the girls... it must be worse for them, maybe?
Post a Comment