Friday, October 24, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness

This is breast cancer awareness month. I've never really given too much thought to it, but this month, just last week, in fact, a very good friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is an amazing person. She has 6 children--2 biological, 4 adopted. One of those adopted children is a teenager she just brought home from Ethiopia this year. God used her to lead us to adopt our 2 girls from Ethiopia! She and I and two other friends went together last summer and got our first tattoos--Africa with a heart over Ethiopia! Please pray for her and others who are faced with fighting this ugly disease! She will be starting chemotherapy very soon.

Along those same lines, my daughter cut her hair to donate to locks of love. So many do not have the luxury of having a bad hair day. When you watch a loved one go through chemotherapy and lose their hair, it really puts our minor daily 'struggles' into perspective.
Here are my daughter's before and after pictures. She won't miss that hair one bit!

4 comments:

Sparkz said...

I love the short hair! She looks more grown up and her face is highlighted more. She is very pretty. What a great cause. I have got to donate my hair twice and it's a lot of fun!

Jen said...

Love the post. Your friend is lucky to have a great support system. Your daughter is beautiful, long or short hair.

J, A, T and Y said...

Cute haircut. I did the same about 2 years ago....it feels so nice to help a great cause!

Rebecca said...

Her hair looks great! And, I love that she donated her locks to such a great organization!