First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who left a comment on my last post. It was comforting to know that I had so many people who care about our adoption praying for us! It means a lot! We go an update on our girls. It breaks my heart that we won't get to meet them and give them hugs until November/December. That seems so far away!
Since we won't be traveling to Ethiopia anytime soon, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures that we had taken at the wonderful Ethiopian restaurant in Oklahoma City. We had such a good time there and wish we could go more often!
Below is a picture of me with my wonderful husband, and 2 of our children, Derek and Emma...

This next picture, I love! Can you tell that Derek is thinking, "I hope you know, you're buying me a pizza after this!" He wasn't as fond of the Ethiopian cuisine as the rest of us were. (o:
I also wanted to share some pictures of the most recent addition to our family....

This is Babs (our daughter named her Baby, but I think Babs is more fitting!). Kayla has always wanted an English Bulldog, but I refused to let her spend lots of money on a dog. I know, I'm a meany! But, this dog has a story.... The state raided a puppy mill and rescued all the dogs (around 200, I think). They were dispersed to different humane societies around our state. Since Kayla works for a vet, she was able to hear about the opportunity to adopt one early on in the process. So, for the price of adopting a dog from the Humane Society and the cost of getting her spayed, Kayla got her English Bulldog. I have to admit, our whole family loves her and thinks she's cute....what do you think?

It has been really neat to see her go from being scared and barely able to walk around to being playful and active! She's also really good with Emma---very important!

5 comments:
I bet the dog will keep you busy during the wait! We got a new dog AFTER we got the kids. What was I thinking?
Sorry to hear you have to wait more. Your quote made me smile, His plans are not mine...obviously.
I feel your disappointed and pain! Today I have found myself putting away lots of things to store or not worry about until October. It makes me sad.
Babs is adorable! It looks like she enjoys popsicles - especially Emma's!
I am thinking about you often.
Rebecca
Aww, Babs is so cute! My kids don't like Ethiopian food either.
Congrats on the new addition to your family! Babes is beautiful!!! But then again I have 2 bullys so I may be partial! Hopefully she can give you some lovin while you wait.
Praying for October with you!
Post a Comment