Monday, August 25, 2008

Another year of school

It has been a whirlwind of a first week of school. Both of my baby girls have had their first day of school. My oldest baby girl had her first day of college!!! What? Is that possible? I know it's cliche, but, oh well---she has grown up so fast!
We have a tradition in our family.....pictures on the first day of each year of school. The kids secretly love this! (o: Here's Kayla...




Another tradition we have in our family is...save money when possible. Thus, Kayla has decided to live at home and attend the college where her daddy teaches. One of the benefits of teaching college is that any family member can go for free! Kayla is taking advantage of this--that's my girl!!
Our other baby girl had her first day of preschool. After watching her sister and brothers (and daddy! ) head out to school every day for the past 3 years, she was so ready! She did not cry as others did and was confused as to why I kept hanging around! Get a life, Mom! Here's Emma....





I can't leave out my most handsome sons! Derek started his first year in Middle School and Nathan returned to High School without his sister there to help him (a mixed blessing, I'm sure)as a sophomore.

I am enjoying this time to catch up on house cleaning (ok, maybe not!), but I am catching up on the adoption blogs! I've enjoyed watching all the families travel and bring their children home to be with their forever families! Still praying for those waiting families and children!

6 comments:

Jen said...

With the cost of colleges these days... Kayla made a great choice!!! She will have so many more choices afterwards with little to no debt, People must think you are her sister because you certainly do not look old enough to be her mother. Any new news on the adoption front? How are you holding up? Next week is my big week, and beleve it or not I hate when they are gone. Thus the new baby/babies :)

Jen said...

oops... big week as in returning to school not like adoption big week....I wanted to clarify

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a beautiful family. I'm very sorry you couldn't get your kiddo''s before courts closed. I know that must be incredibly frustrating. I look forward to following your story.

God Bless,
Julie

Kimberly Baggett said...

also, we are compiling photos of families with their children into a photo album for the gladney caregivers….i would love for you to email me a family picture of y’all and then another picture of both of your girls for the album at kimbo2710@aol.com ….we leave next week, so send it soon! the caregivers will love it i am sure!!! thanks!

Sparkz said...

I work for a school and it has been SO busy! This is the first time I have got to catch up on blogs in a while so I agree w/you I am enjoying catching up! :) I love all of the first day pictures! It was a tradition in our family too. Except we went to college a LONG way from home so my mom wasn't there to take pictures of that...

Congrats on the new court date! Very exciting!

I love the post with the family eating Ethiopian food! Maybe Derek ordered the wrong thing! :)

J, A, T and Y said...

Wow...what a big day....such a sweet family!