Each morning is a whirlwind. Must get Derek to school extra early for required before school workout. Must get 3 girls up, dressed, do hair, feed breakfast, make lunch and pack it, fill water bottles, get backpacks, hugs and kisses, then out the door. Nathan appears, sits, eats breakfast, chats, says good bye and leaves.
Ah, alone at last. Get my hot cup of coffee, sit in my favorite chair and re-lax! Yes, mothers who stay at home get to rest and relax while their children are in school. Ha! I wish!
You see, it's not long after I sit down with my cup of joe that I hear a voice coming from the dungeon. The voice says, "Hello...." I ignore it. Again, "Hello!" It's getting louder!!
The dungeon is the room in the basement that is the farthest away from the upstairs as you can get. I also call it my laundry room. The voice I hear is the voice of the dirty laundry....always there, always demanding my attention!
I say to my laundry....."Oh, I'll get a job and somebody else will have to wash your dirty fabric!!!" My laundry chuckles mockingly.....because it knows that ultimately the responsibility will fall on me. I know it too. And so the dance continues.
I got a job. It's a job with the school district that will allow me to drop off my kiddos at school and pick them up after school. I will come home, get them started on homework, sit down to rest, and hear that laundry in the dungeon mocking, mocking, mocking!!! Ugh! And I'll get to it.....right after supper!! *sigh*

3 comments:
The only thing I hate more than the never ending laundry task is going to the grocery store.
I am jealous. I love being home but part of me would like to contribute financially, think like an adult, and converse with adults. ENjoy...and the laundry will wait:)
I'm pretty sure our bathrooms know your laundry room......urgh! Maybe we'll find a MUTE button one day!
Post a Comment