We go to church and we teach our children about God and His son Jesus. Our children know that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. But, we also talk about Santa Claus. Yes, Santa Claus brings presents on Jesus' birthday.
As we were walking into church on Sunday, my daughter, Emma--all of 3 years old--said, "This is my Bible and it talks about Jesus. I love Jesus. Jesus is going to tell Santa Claus to bring me toys for Christmas." At least she knows the proper chain of command.
I am going to enjoy every single aspect of this trip to Ethiopia to meet our daughters and bring them home--you will not hear me complain one single bit!! But, I am sure going to miss my ornery little sweetness!! Upon the wonderful advice of a friend, I have decided to fill a jar with kisses for every day I'll be gone. Each day Emma will get a kiss from mommy and when the kisses are gone, mommy will be home! I may do it for Nathan and Derek as well, just for fun! (o:

8 comments:
I love the kisses idea! How neat! Your girls are so very precious! Beautiful also! It won't be long until they are home!
What a sweet idea (pun intended!) :-) I am so excited for you! Oh, and Happy Birthday Kayla! You share your birthday with my Samuel (7) who was actually due on Kristin's birthday! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy
So cute...one day I asked my then 3 year old what story she wanted me to read from her Bible...she said "Cinderella"....that's my favorite one too:)
So excited for your trip...I can imagine some of the mixed feelings about Christmas and missing some of the special moments. I know you will have many more in future years:)
Love the kisses idea! gonna go that next time for sure! So excited for yOU! you're traveling soon! M
That's wonderful! And I can't wait to start reading about your life with Faven and Diborah too!
Oh, and read my blog post from December 8th. You've been "bookworm tagged"!
From the mouths of babes! We are so excited for you. By the way, our dinner table conversation the other night was how much we loved your daughters' names.
Oh, something we did on a different missions trip that you may want to do (but I don't want to add an OUNCE of stress to your packing). We wrote a letter for each day we were gone, and they got to open one a day. A couple of the letters had some corny pictures we had taken, I think one had candy in it. But it was just something that I hope helped with waiting for our return.
Post a Comment