Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas with Faven and Diborah!


Every year we get a family Christmas ornament--it has been fun to watch our ornaments grow!! It was exciting to be able to buy an ornament this year with Faven and Diborah on it!

It looks like we'll be in Ethiopia for Christmas!!! WOW!!

We plan on leaving on the 17th and spending a couple of days resting and sightseeing in Rome! Kayla turns 19 this month, so she is super excited about this brief detour--what a birthday present! I had to wait until I was 39 and decided to adopt to travel to another country!

Then, my favorite part, we will leave Rome and fly to meet our girls on the 21st! What a wonderful Christmas this will be!
It breaks my heart to be away from Nathan, Derek and Emma on Christmas day, but they will be well cared for by family that loves them very much! We're leaving them in good hands! Nathan will get to play Santa. He is looking forward to eating the cookies Emma will leave for Santa! (o:

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Fun sight seeing!! I wanted to stop in Rome (because really, when are we going to have the chance to do that again?) but this is the worst time of the year for my husband to travel (work wise). So, we're leaving the 20th to get to Addis on the 21st. Gives Ben two more days to work before we leave!

Can't wait to see you guys there! Good times!

Jen said...

I could not think of a more amazing Christmas. You will not be able to top this one, ever. We will be thinking of you and your family!

Adoption Cubed said...

Look at all those snowbabies on that ornament!!! Oh, it makes me smile. Your heart must be full, momma!

What an amazing trip you will have. Christmas with Faven and Diborah, some time to sightsee and celebrate Kayla's birthday! Wow!
I am so happy and excited for you all. Truly. And how wonderful that you will get to travel with Rebecca and Ben! So, so happy for you!
Rebecca

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy for you all!

Amber said...

Love the ornament. That is so special!
We hope to be in Ethiopia during Christmas too! We will see. I can't think of a better gift! Congrats!

J, A, T and Y said...

Wow...what a great christmas....one to remember for sure!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Now this is a Christmas to remember!

If you have any interest in passing on some joy to us by taking a couple pictures of our little one while you are there, we would be thrilled. If so, you can get to my email from my blog, and then I can give you the specifics.

Have fun packing!!!

~Laura~ said...

What a fabulous Christmas it will be. Love your ornament! :)