I received an update on my Ethiopian daughters yesterday. We'll call them Kat (her middle name will be Kathleen) and DiDi. We absolutely love updates!! This one was extra special because we got to hear from Kat. She is 7 and is anxious for her American family to come and get her. WE are VERY anxious to go and get her!! DiDi is only 3 and does not quite understand what is going on. I know she is loved at the foster care center and am prepared that she will have a hard time leaving. I love them both so much already!
Today we are in Oklahoma City on business, visiting relatives, and having a much needed mini vacation. We are going to eat lunch at the Ethiopian restaurant. I already contacted Tara for some recommendations-thanks Tara! I can't wait to try the Queen of Sheba platter! We're taking my husband's grandmother with us. I think it will be a fun experience to share with her.
Thank you to all who have been praying for us--the people I have met in the 'blog world' have been a God send! We believe that the rest of the families whose cases are still open in court will hear good news next week. It will be a much appreciated, long-awaited blessing! So...keep praying!

6 comments:
What a blessing to get more updates and to hear from Kat! I know it will be a precious moment when you are able to be in each other's arms. I am thinking about your family and keeping you in my prayers.
Rebecca
Lori, What a blessing... I love updates!! Hoping this all goes well ...and soon! I've started a keepsake book with our updates... the next best thing to a "baby" book I guess.
I wish we would have ate at the Queen of Sheba. I didn't know it was there! Enjoy it for us!!!
I love the updates on your kids to be, they are great. I esp. loved reading this post. Its so neat that she knows she has a family!!! I'm excited for you guys and her! I'm know the little one will enjoy it soon too! Enjoy your time in OK. Keep the updates coming! It makes our wait easier to hear whats going on with the other families!
It must be so great to get the updates! I pray you guys will here good news this week!
Just thinking about you. You are in my prayers. It will be soon. Meanwhile, I loved the update, so I can only imagine how you love it.
You guys are the mystery family! I went to the Ethiopian restaurant in OKC on Saturday with two other Ethiopian adoptive moms and Mimi (one of the owners) told us that there was a family from Kansas (you guys?!?) that had been in the restaurant. She said the family is in the process of adopting two little girls. How funny that you would comment on my blog! We were trying to figure out who it could be :)
Post a Comment