Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summertime

Since we haven't really had any new adoption news lately, I have been really bad about posting. I thought I'd try something new and add a video....(see below)


Can you tell what our favorite pastime has been this summer? Yes, we LOVE baseball! Especially when one of the players is our favorite 12 year old in the whole world. We're also kinda partial to the coach (in case I haven't mentioned it, my superman husband, John, is one of the coaches!) Emma gets really excited about going to baseball games. She is officially one of the Red Sox cheerleaders. "I didn't know baseball teams had cheerleaders", you might say....well, ours does, and they're awesome!


Our 2 oldest kiddos went to Salt Lake City, Utah this week on a youth trip. I'm sure they're having a great time and growing in their relationship with God, but I sure miss them. They won't be home until Saturday, so they'll miss the 4th of July festivities...boo hoo! I suppose I have to let them go and grow up sometime!



8 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

Yay for the premiere video - and what a cutie! Yay for an update on your family! Yay for you being so clever to come up with VBB! And guess what? You aren't a VBB anymore!!! Keep the posts coming!
Thinking about you guys.
Rebecca

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Ahhhh, the growing up thing....maybe we should both be blogging more about that...how to let them spread their wings and fly. What a tough thing to do ya know? On top of graduation, my girl brought home a boy for the very 1st time to meet the parents and get our blessing for them to date. AGGHHHH!!!!!! Oh, there are always plenty of diversions huh? :-)
Happy 4th of July my faraway friend!
Blessings,
Kristy

Sparkz said...

I can't see the video... but I LOVE baseball too. I'm glad you posted and gave us an update!

los cazadores said...

Thank you! BTW, you have such a beautiful family! :)

Cindy

Sparkz said...

I am hoping you'll have adoption news in the next week or two!!! ;)

Mom to many said...

Hi Lori,
So, where are you now in the whole process??? I am confused as to why you are not there yet getting your kiddos.... It was a trip of a lifetime for us. I hope to post more soon, but it seems like a whirlwind and now to have her home cuts down on my computer time tremendously... go figure.

Jen said...

Lori,
Wow! I love your blog. Thank you for posting on mine. I enjoy watching people that much ahead of us. We are still in the home study phase and getting the final documents in. It feels like I have been working on the paperwork for a life time but it has only been a little over a month and we really are near the end of it. We keep going back and forth with preferencing ages. We actually had a discussion last night about it. How did you decide? I will enjoy "watching" your daughters come home.
Jennifer

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Hi Lori!
We're out of town so just think of this as my e-mail to you! :-)
I am so excited about the great news out yesterday!
We'll both have our ethiopian beauties soon!!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!
Blessings,
Kristy :-)