Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Court date, continued...

We had our court date today. It was such a bittersweet feeling when Mary told me that our daughters' birthmother showed up for court and relinguished her rights. It's like being the recipient of an organ, knowing that somebody had to lose their life in order for you to live. I can't imagine the mixed emotions that their birthmom must be feeling as well--the anguish of giving up her children forever, but the joy in knowing that they will have a good life with many opportunities. Despite this, I am extremely excited to be one step closer to finalizing the adoption and bringing our daughters home to their FOREVER family!
My oldest son, Nathan, and I are spending our week helping out as volunteers at a sportreach camp at our church. We get to play all day with the children and sneak in some witnessing here and there. It's been good to get out of the house and keep busy. Although, I did carry my phone with me all day while waiting for the phone call from Mary with an update on court. What an exciting day!

8 comments:

Amber said...

That is amazing that you got through your court date!!!! I understand your mixed emotions, that is very normal from what I hear. Another step closer...

Sparkz said...

Congratulations getting through court! Thats great! And on your first time- for it to go through!!! I have felt the same thing a TON of times b/c I know that there is a mother out there that has to give up a baby for us to have one. It is a SAD thought. Anyway congratulations again!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Great news on court....I am very pained as well about what our girl's birth Mom has given up for them. While I am thinking about it in case you are interested, I bought her a beautiful Bible in Amharic to give to her when we meet her. I'm hoping that we ALL hear great news soon! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

Mom to many said...

Wow - we had the same court date - When are you traveling? Do you think we will be there at the same time? Where will you be staying?

Lori S said...

We're not quite finished with court, so we're not sure when we'll travel. We're hoping for July.
Lori S.

Adoption Cubed said...

Just checking in to see how you guys are holding up. I am thinking about your family and hope for good court news soon.
Rebecca

Sparkz said...

How are things going? I thought I would check in and see if there was any news. Thanks for leaving a post on our blog.

Mom to many said...

When are you travelling???? We leave on Sunday the 29th! Can't believe it. Just wondered if we would see you there.