
Since I've started blogging again, I've discovered that I would produce more posts if I took more pictures!!!! Because, posts are just b.o.r.i.n.g without pictures....right?!!!
I've been meaning to take pictures of my 3 littles swimming because those girls have grown gills this summer!!! They have swam (is that really a word?) at least 5-6 days each week of the summer! And they have come sooo far!!!
Let's take for instance.....Diborah.....
Diborah was scared to death of the water last summer!! She would sit on the side of the pool and watch the other girls swim. She would stick her foot in the water occasionally and maybe even stand on the first step if there were steps!!! Putting her face in the water was a MAJOR accomplishment!! This summer, she swims incredibly and even jumps in the deep end!!
I am so amazed!
This is a testament to the TRUST she has for us!!
I know this because of the steps that it took to get her to this point!! It's so amazing that it brings tears to my eyes!!
This little girl came to us at 3 years old, scared to death, with so much anxiety.
We sent her immediately to preschool and thought that she had a learning disorder!
Even after she learned the English language, she could not learn the basics! We know now that it was because she was so anxious that she could not process academic knowledge--not even the simplest 1-2-3. Now that she feels more comfortable, she is soaking up every little bit of information!!! She surprises me every day with how much she can learn in a short amount of time!!
That precious little lady is my daughter!!
So....I didn't endure 9 months of physically carrying her in my belly and many, many hours of pain to deliver her into this world (some other incredible woman did that!!!) but I endured the trials of bringing an anxious little non-english speaking 3 year old into a home with rules that she couldn't comprehend, enforced by big, non-amharic speaking people that she didn't know or trust!! Not an easy task! But, in the end, it's all worth it!!!
Sometimes the things that are most difficult in our lives are the most fulfilling!!!

3 comments:
I agree! Posts w/pictures are the best!
Lori, Lori, Lori... we have such similar families/children! Love the post and love the pictures!
look at those twins! stop with the matching outfits....i can't tell them apart! All your girls are adorable and sound like they've come a long way!
Post a Comment