I'm such a slacker! I spend each day cleaning my house...wow! 6 kids can a messy house make!!!! I take the new 4 year olds to Kindermusik...fun...and to preschool! During this time, I try to work out...and do some more cleaning, oh, and grocery shopping! I do not particularly enjoy this part of my roll as mom and am ready to hire a housekeeper!!!! What do you think? Toys, laundry, floors, toys, beds, bathrooms, groceries, toys...Am I a wimp? I think I need to fit in some time for ME?! Breakfast, lunch, supper....ahhhhh! OK, coffeemom...I need your help!!!
I drink coffee! I love coffee! Why can't I keep up? I even send my 4 oldest kiddos off to school! I should have plenty of time, right?!
I need to take some pics of my house! Then you would all say...WRONG!! It's a mess! Maybe less blogging or facebooking?! That's it...no extras....no socializing...just family and homemaking! I can do it...but I don't WANT to! HELP!!!!
I love my kids...ALL of my kids, but I need a balance!!!

8 comments:
HA! You crack me up....there is no perfect balance. And IF I knew the perfect balance, I'd be rich.
The secret is you do the best you can any day and you drop the ball, all the time. I think you're doing great! Look at those faces, just below...perfect! Love M
Lori, You are doing great! If it's any help.. I think all I do is clean my house, make food, laundry, clean some more, hit the grocery store for the 3rd time this week, etc. Coffeemom is right.. just do the best you can each day. And trust me, your children don't mind the messy house :) because they have a mom that cares for them.
The housework will wait for you...the kids move on:) Enjoy them. Having said that my family thinks that I am neurotic. You will get into a rhythm. I have two BIG dogs that shed, the swiffer is my beat friend.
I agree with what everyone else said. And I don't think you need to give up facebook and blogging. As it is you don't have time for yourself. Blogging and facebook are tiny, little ways to give yourself a few minutes each day. I know how you feel, though. My life centers around providing everything for my family. It had been three months since I got my hair cut until last week!
Ditto everyone else. The house will wait. Do what you need to do to stay sane! You deserve it.
What a great post! I have been down from sinus surgery for a week and a half now and the house and everyone in it all but fell apart. :-) We are Super Moms!!!!! We just don't feel so super so much. Steve and I dream about couple getaways when the going gets tough. Also, remember that you are still in the adjustment phase...the smoke really settles by the 6th month, even more so than now. Ellie just went to Kindermusik with a friend last week and had a blast. I need to look into that for her in the fall. Speaking of ME time, I found that I have to get up at 5:30AM 3 days a week to get my workout in but I am a much better and happier Mama for doing so. Hang in there Mama! You're doing a great job!
Blessings,
Kristy
Ok, I hear you loud and clear babe. Let's hier a maid!
I so hear you. You know what, in several, several years, our houses will be mostly empty of the kids and we can have them really clean then. Until then, let's all try to encourage each other that relationships are what is important. And, of course, let's work on getting the kids more involved in helping out around the house.
I do admit I would LOVE a housekeeper, too. Not gonna happen over here, though.
Oh, and of course you need some of those extras, and I can tell you are working at figuring out the best balance for you and your family.
Hey, at least you are posting.
Post a Comment