A friend of mine gave me a Bible written in Amharic, Faven and Diborah's native language, before we travelled to Ethiopia to bring home our daughters. This morning Emma and Diborah got it down from a shelf, which by the way is WAY too high for any 4 year old to reach, so I don't even want to know how they got to it!!! Their dresser is below the shelf....need I say more?
Anyway, they sat down to read this book to their baby dolls.
I said, "Do you know what book that is?"
They both said, "Yes, it is a Jesus book."
Emma opened it and said, "What does this page say mommy?" I explained to her that it is written in Amharic, so I couldn't exactly tell her.
So, she turned to Diborah and asked her what it said. Now, remember that Diborah is 4, can't read Amharic, and I'm almost positive that she can't speak it or understand it anymore.
Diborah said, "It says God will bring the rain." Wow, that was good!
Emma turned the page and Diborah continued to 'read' the Bible to her....
"It says, listen to Mommy and Daddy." Bravo!! I think she gets it! (o:

10 comments:
awesome! Who needs to read?!
Oh gosh, that is SO CUTE!!!
Oh, that is too cute!
Hey Lori,
I love their creativity! Adorable! Here's hoping that you find a good balance. God is faithful. He will provide a way, even maybe something unexpected!
I am so glad you posed on my blog. I have been out of the blog world far too long. Since court things have been crazy so I was excited to see your post! Thank you! The Bible comments are too cute. You can get a Bible in English and Amharic I got mine off of ebay and if your interested let me know and I'll look up the site! He lives in Ethio. and I buy from him all of the time!
I love all of the pictures. The ones of the girls in their dresses. Too cute!
Sweet!!!
This made me giggle! Cute girls!
Oh how precious and priceless!Love to you all! Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Kristy
Happy Mothers Day!
Cute girls! I know they must keep you on your toes!
Rebecca
Post a Comment