We had to celebrate!!
We organized a Barton to Africa night at the college.....
Not one, but two men shaved their heads,
the Barton dance team performed an African dance,
the pep band played some African music,
and all in attendance were encouraged to wear their tshirts (which gained them free admission). We had four Ethiopian students from a nearby college attend the event. They sang the Ethiopian national anthem before the games began. We invited Mary T. to come and accept the check on behalf of Gladney, our adoption agency. Gladney will make sure that the money is used where the need is the greatest.
What an awesome town we live in...so many people were willing to support our efforts--we just had to ask.
We are excited to be able to donate this money, but realize that it is such a small amount in comparison to the overwhelming need of the children in Ethiopia. Our hearts break for the children in our daughters' birth country. I still wish we could do more.
Hopefully next month we will get to travel to Ethiopia to bring home our precious girls. We will get to distribute our tshirts to the children, give them hugs, pray for them and cry for them. Then, we will leave and come home to our comfortable home with our family. Then what? God help us to know!
9 comments:
Oh Lori,
What a glorious post! It's so amazing how God has used your family and changed not only orphan's lives but also your community's lives in such a HUGE way! WOW! NOW your work in finished, and it IS time to go and get your girls! I am so ready to see a post with their sweet faces!
It sounds like you are hanging in there and that you have been not waiting stgnantly, but have been so fruitful for His glory during this trying time of waiting.
Blessings to you all!
Love,
Kristy
Wow! I am impressed! What a wonderful community. I will continue to pray that those sweet girls come home soon.
I am so glad you posted pictures about this event. An amazing, amazing idea. What great thought and heart you shared and now will be shared with others. I am so glad Mary was there to experience it as well. Wonderful!
Rebecca
You guys are part of an amazing community! This is an awesome post. It leaves me wondering what else we could do...if we just asked.
AWESOME!
I saw your comment over on Rebecca's site. Feel free to write a mother letter. The more voices the better. I am really trying to get this project to "blow up" for my wife.
see www.motherletter.blogspot.com
I sure wish I lived closer to your community! You all did a great thing!
Hi Lori!
I just wanted to check in with you again and to let you know that I am thinking and praying for your family. I am soooo looking forward to checking in on your post in a little over a week and seeing some smiling new faces on it! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy
That is awesome! What a sport to shave his head!
Post a Comment