Friday, November 28, 2008

2 days....

TWO more days until our court date!! Wow! I've thought about this alot over this holiday weekend. Of course, it would have been wonderful to have our daughters home for Thanksgiving, but that was not to be...and, so, we look forward to hearing good news on Monday!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We celebrated with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law/best friend (Suzy), and 6 college students who could not go home for the holidays! Instead of the traditional turkey dinner (we had this at Suzy's the previous weekend!), we had yummy italian....traditional lasagna, veggie lasagna, and seafood fettucine alfredo...yum!

We got up early on Friday to go shopping for all of the deals WalMart has to offer! This was the first time I participated in this insanity and have to admit I rather enjoyed it! My husband and I, Suzy, and my 3 older children arrived around 4:30 and stationed ourselves at the special deals we decided we wanted the night before--the advantage of having teenagers! I was a bit nervous...I refuse to fight for any material item and had heard that people can get vicious. I did not find this to be the case at our particular WalMart....it was crowded, but everyone was as friendly as could be expected at 5 in the morning (with a few exceptions). The kids had a good time doing this (it's all about creating memories, you know!) and we were able to save some money on Christmas presents!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!!

Jen said...

I am thinking of you tonight and into tomorrow. We will say a special prayer for you and yours, and cross our fingers.