My family and I had the honor of attending a local Ethiopian new years celebration on Saturday. It was so exciting to meet the different families in our area who have already gone through the adoption process and have their children. We were able to meet the little triplets adopted from Ethiopia. They are soooo cute!
The food was absolutely delicious! I enjoyed it so much that I was inspired to make some last night for my family. I tried my hand at doro wat(chicken) and injera. It was a lot of fun and my kids actually liked it! (Except Derek, who didn't enjoy the food we ate at the Ethiopian restaurant in OK City and so has sworn off of it for the rest of his life!)
I can't wait to get to Ethiopia and have the 'real thing'! Only 29 days until our court date!!!

9 comments:
Yum! Ethiopian food. Do you have a good cookbook?
29 Days! It seems manageable, doesn't it? At least manageable today. Today has been a good day, even with the several times I was asked about new news.
I hope the school year continues to go well for yours!
Rebecca
Okay as you can tell...I need a quick lesson in patience with grace. I think the waiting part is going to kill me. How do you do it?
Sounds like fun!!! Wow...29 more days. We are hoping and praying for successful court dates for all!
Woo Hoo!
Less than 1 month!
Oh, I can't wait for you to finally meet your precious girls Lori!
All of these kiddos need their Mamas and their forever families!!!!!!!!!!
Much Love,
Kristy
Isn't it nice to think about our court date's and the countdown is in the 20's? I never thought I could be so excited about something still being that far away :)
Ethiopian food is yummy! I hope Derek changes his mind. Tell him I said he's missing out :) Now that we eat it about every other week, I've found that I actually crave it!
Oh - you are a brave soul. I am not much for the Ethiopian food either. I am with Derek on that one. I tried lamb cheese with our driver in Ethiopia and I about threw up! ONLY 29 more days !!! Ahhhh! I am so excited for you!
Wow, you are so close to getting your girls! How old are they? You have a beautiful family...including the bulldog. :)
Sounds yummy!!! Can't wait for you to get your girls!!!
Your court date is really soon! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!
Post a Comment