It's that time of year again! Halloween is over. Thanksgiving is near. And there is already Christmas music playing in the stores! I get why they do that whole 'start the Christmas season earlier and earlier each year' thing. Every year it seems like time goes by faster and faster and before you know it, Christmas is here!
I love the Christmas season. I love the lights, the music, the presents, gathering with the family, the snow, the decorations! What's not to love?!
Another thing that I enjoy about Christmas is our family's yearly tradition of giving to someone outside of our family. Now is the time to start researching the possibilities. There are so many people in need. I'm sure the possibilities for making a difference in the life of someone in need are endless! (I'm also gathering ideas for an outreach for my church small group.)
Here are just a couple of options I've come up with....
This is one of my favorites. It's called Chicks 4 Chicks. I love the idea of supplying women in Ethiopia with 2 chickens and a rooster so that they have a means of caring for themselves and their families. It's a gift that keeps on giving!! Eggs to eat. Eggs to sell. Chicks to raise. Chicken to eat. Love it! A bonus to donating to this cause is that we can donate in the name of a friend or family member. That's pretty cool!!
Another idea is this. It's a ministry that is caring for a community in Africa. There are many ways to help the people and children in the Bugabo village. We could donate money for water, education, or health care, sponsor a child, or purchase items from the store to support the ministry. We could also donate money for shoes for the villagers to protect their feet. The shoes are made by men and women in the village--a great way to provide for their families.

What are some of YOUR favorite ministries?

2 comments:
I love Ekubo Ministries too! But I also have to put in a plug for Because Every Mother Matters which you can find at
http://becauseeverymothermatters.org
You can purchase the Tacky for Africa headbands (they're adorable), make a one time donation or sponsor a mother for a monthly fee. Helping moms in Ethiopia to help themselves and their children!
Thank you Paula!! I'll look into that for sure!
Post a Comment