Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hair

Well, I finally did it--I got my hair chopped off! I've been growing it out for some time so that I would have enough to donate to locks of love. I kept thinking that if I had to put my hair in a pony tail one more time, I'd scream. Then I'd remind myself that there are many people who would love to have hair to put in a pony tail. I can be so selfish sometimes!
My husband is actually one of those few guys who prefers short hair. I always thought that was strange. I also wanted to get it cut before we take pictures to send to our girls in Ethiopia. I didn't want to send them pictures of me with long hair then show up with short hair.
We've been so busy this weekend moving bedrooms, building bedrooms, painting and cleaning in preparation for two more bodies in our home. I've read in other blogs about getting that nesting instinct--about wanting to clean out everything to get ready for the new additions. It's so true! For me, I think it's just something we can do to move forward with the adoption while we're waiting on other things to happen. Unfortunately, the house has to become a disaster before it gets better. Moving kids to different bedrooms sure has made it easier to do spring cleaning though! How did we accumulate all of this junk?!! It's time for a garage sale!! I'm thinking we might have an open weekend in June!

1 comment:

Adoption Cubed said...

We are in the same stage of going through, organizing, arranging for the new child. You're right about it helping you feel productive and that you are actively doing something to bring the children home. I hope you are feeling like you are making good progress.
Rebecca