Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Graduation


Today is the last day of school for my kids. Our youngest son, Derek, is graduating from the 6th grade. Poor guy, with Kayla graduating from high school, his big day has taken a back seat. He'll be attending middle school next year. It always seems like such a huge step, but since I've already been through this twice, I know it's going to be a good change for him. I added a picture of the handsome guy pitching at one of his baseball tournaments. We're so proud of him!

We told Kayla that her graduation present was a trip to Ethiopia to get her new sisters. She was so shocked and excited. She cried and cried. Of course, this made me tear up, too. She's a wonderful young lady. I'm afraid once we get her over there, we won't be able to get her to come back home. I know it's her calling to do something great and make a difference in this world--her heart is huge!

We are very excited to be sending a package to our daughters in Ethiopia. It's so wonderful that people travelling to bring their children home are willing to take packages for families who are still waiting. I hope I can do the same for others when I finally get to go!

3 comments:

Shelly Roberts said...

Hi Lori! Just found your blog. email me at robertsfamily@mlgc.com. Wondering where you daughters are. I see you're a Gladney family. I may have pics from our recent trip .. we took tons. Blessings~ Shelly

LISA said...

I'm so glad Kayla is getting to got to ET!!So,where is she going to attend college??

Mom to many said...

That is a GREAT graduation present. How exciting. It will change her world forever. She will do great things. Congratulations on being one step closer to brining your kids home.