Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting Fit





As my 25 year class reunion approaches, I think it's only natural to take inventory of my life. I'm not sure I'll even return to my hometown for the event, but nonetheless it makes me stop to think. What has happened in my life in the past 25 years? Yes, I got married. Yes, I finished college. No, I did not pursue a career. I have 6 children, 4 biological, 2 adopted. I'm a stay at home mom....blah, blah, blah...


These are all important and somewhat interesting facts about me, but we all know the real reason people go to those reunions!!! To see how well (or not so well) our classmates have aged.


So, now I begin to assess my appearance. How much weight have I gained? What kind of shape am I in? Truth be known, I'm always in pursuit of better fit-ness.



I'm a product of the 80's! I've worked out with Olivia Newton-John, Jane Fonda, and the 'Buns of Steel' Chuck Norris looking guy. I also tried out Kathy Smith and Denise Austin videos and some cardio dance. The list goes on and on. I accumulated quite a collection of home workout videos.




Well, a couple years ago, I decided to try out the latest craze. Team Beachbody's Insanity!! Not sure I even made it through the entire 60-day program, but the results I got from the time I did put into it were very noticeable.


So, here I go again! I'm putting my treadmill, and the monotony that comes with it, on the backburner, dusting off my DVDs and getting busy with Shaun T. I just finished day 9. It's grueling, but I love the challenge!


This all may seem a bit shallow but let's not forget about the benefits that come with it! More energy for keeping up with all of my children and a healthier me!

Next challenge....a dietary overhaul.










No comments: