I went for a 3 mile run today.
It was HOT!!
By the time I was done, I was literally dripping in sweat!!
I'm not a fast runner (I'll never win any marathons.... or 5k's for that matter!), so I have lots of time to think on my jogs. :)
Today my topic of thought was....PAIN!!
Imagine that!!
I don't enjoy exercising or the pain that goes along with it!
Occasionally, I do the Insanity workouts with Shaun T. At the end of one of his excrutiating workouts, he says, "Sometimes, I wonder why I do this to my body. Because I want to 'look good' that's why!" Haha! Exactly!! The benefits outweigh the momentary pain.
I've learned over the years that I have a high tolerance for pain. If I can foresee benefits from it, I can endure it! This has come in handy in many situations.....staying in shape, childbirth (I've birthed 4 children), marriage (relationships are hard!!!), and adoption! I love my health/body, I love my husband, and I love my children, birth and adopted, but that doesn't mean that it will be easy to keep all of these things 'in shape'! In fact, each one has caused me a tremendous amount of PAIN!!! Yes, even my husband, and he would admit it to you, too!!! But, I've realized that if I stay the course, the benefits of the pain far outweigh the relief that comes from quitting!! What motivates me to keep going? The fact that, barring any unknown health issues, pressing on is not going to kill me and reaping the benefits will be awesome!!!
I also know from experience that sometimes, there is no hope and pressing on will only hurt us further, whether it be physically or relationally. The pain caused from this truth is overwhelming and I would never make light of it!!
And, so, we make a new goal.....
If at all possible, keep pressing on toward your goal and know that you are not alone!! Many others are pressing on along with you and cheering you on!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment