Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthdays




My baby girls turn 5 years old within 1 1/2 weeks of each other. It's easy to think back on the day 5 years ago when Emma was born. Wow! What a joyous, special day (um, night, since she was born around 1 in the morning!) that was!!! I saw her come into the world, got to hold her, feed her, change her! I didn't want to go to sleep because I was so excited for this precious baby!!


Because of this, I can't help but think of Diborah's birthmom at this time. Does she remember that it's her baby's birthday? Is she sad? Does she look back on that day and remember that special time that she was able to spend with her baby?


Just a thought: I'm sad that I missed the first 2 years of my daughters life, but wouldn't take that experience from her mom in Ethiopia for anything!!!


So, I celebrate Emma's life, Diborah's life, and my Ethiopian friend who gave me a beautiful gift!!!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Happy birthday, beautiful girls!

Jen said...

Beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Look how precious - PRECIOUS! - your girls are! Happy birthday to Emma and Diborah!!